Sunday, October 18, 2009

Belated Thanks to Dani!

Last May, Dani gave me a future gift of tickets to the BYU Oklahoma game that was going to be played in Dallas. At the time, we thought we would probably be moving, but had no idea when. As the summer wore on, though it was in the back of my mind, I really didn't think I'd actually go.

We moved to Portland 3 weeks prior to the game, and with unpacking, and not having plane tickets, I started thinking about selling the tickets on stubhub. I invited a co-worker, Mike, though he was going back and forth about going too because he didn't want to see BYU lose. Another co-worker from Dallas heard about this, and within a few hours, he was on-line getting us tickets! It was a great deal!

On to the pictures! The uploaded in reverse order, so we'll start with the end of the game. The stadium was really cool at night. Especially after beating the #3 team in the country!
Here's that huge videoboard after BYU kicked the extra point to take a 14-13 lead. We were going nuts!

Again, that videoboard was awesome! 60 yards long! It played live as the plays were happening, so a number of times when the play was on the opposite side, I found myself watching the videoboard.
Here we are before the game. I'd say that there was only 10% BYU. But we were loud!

Thanks again Dani for the awesome b-day present! You rock!!!


1 comments:

Christina said...

Dave is sooooooooo jealous. He thinks that was the best gift ever!!
Dave is going to the UNM game on the 14 - look for him in the crowd.