Monday, August 15, 2011

In Some Trouble

On Thursday Jacob and Claire were playing together so well.... they usually do, so I tried to just let them since whenever I pass by there room recently I am usually asked to "please not interrupt their game" or "please go away!" In the afternoon when I came out of the bathroom Jacob came in the room to say "Mom, I think we might be in some trouble. We cut Claire's hair, but we used bags!" Used bags they did! I found three target bags in their bathroom garbage, each with a wad of beautiful red hair in them.
When I got the details Jacob said that he did not actually help, I asked Claire if she did it herself and she said "yes, because he is telling the truth!" she then added "But Jacob watched!" Jacob told me he did watch and "I just reminded her that you might not like it!" I found hair in two rooms and child safety scissors. At least she followed the rules about which scissors she is allowed to use!
See the short chunks there.
Her hair was fixed like this and she cut on the little pigtails on both sides. I may have laughed a little bit, then I found her crying in the bathroom and when I asked her why she was crying she told me she didn't want people to laugh at her because her hair looked funny. She also was upset that her hair wouldn't be red anymore... I told her it would still be red, but it would be short. I was trying to figure out how much sympathy you are supposed to have for a child that cuts her own hair. See below how she felt about it.
We went that evening to get it fixed, it is shorter and layered to fix the problem. I am not sure I love the fix... I may have it fixed again and all one length (like I originally asked for). I was not really too upset and I was feeling grateful that she did not cut right up to the pigtail or try to make bangs.
This was after our ward picnic... thus the butterfly.

4 comments:

kaci plus said...

I love their comments about each other. I can just see the look on Jacob's face as she was cutting! hahahahahaha

Jessica said...

Ha ha they are too funny! I think her hair looks adorable!

Sarah said...

You are so right about being lucky she did not scalp herself. Thankgoodness for those kids safety scissors:) i think her new hair do cute. But I just keep hoping I don't have to experience the "kids scissor haircut!" Oh...and a little girl in our ward had her brother scalp her..so they just shaved her....her hair is slowly growing back. So....you are so lucky!!

Anonymous said...

She still looks adorable. It doesn't look stringy here. She can still use all her pretty bows and hair clips. I love the butterfly too. It makes me laugh the way Jacob introduced you to their mischief. I am so happy she did not have her hiar sahved like the girl Sarah knows!!!

Mom