Sunday, September 25, 2011

2 Answered Prayers

Tonight, we had a couple who had just moved into the area over for dessert. Jacob and Claire probably had more fun with them than they would have had if they'd had kids!

During all the fun, Jacob lost one of the toys he was playing with. He looked for it for a few minutes, and asked me for ideas. A few minutes later, he walked up to me and told me, "Daddy, I went to the bathroom and prayed to know where my toy was, and Heavenly Father answered my prayer and said to ask my dad." The answer to prayer #1 quickly turned into a quick prayer by me. Literally the first place I looked (without even moving from my seat on the couch), I noticed a little red thing peeking out from under Dani's nursing pillow... and success, the 2nd prayer was answered!

What a wonderful teaching moment, and what a sweet gift was given our family by our Heavenly Father tonight, in the midst of all the (very entertaining) chaos that was the rest of the evening. And what a wonderful example of faith was shown by our little 5-year-old boy.

1 comments:

merrilykaroly said...

what a good story!! I love those little miracles that are easy to miss but totally there every day.