Sunday, July 29, 2012

Island Park

In July we had a little reunion with the Streeter family.  My parents got a great house right on the lake in Island Park, ID and it was so perfect.  We had the greatest time.  There was a nice porch, a nice dock, a fire pit, and a huge house with lots of fun things to do inside too.

 There was a paddle boat and a kayak... I am pretty sure Kaci was the only one to brave the kayak and she did it with all 3 of the 6 year old boys.


 My brother gave some great tube rides.
 Toby and Brighton always wanted to go opposite speeds.
 Breckin was the boat boss and took his job very seriously.
 And Heath was the boat driver (on one of the boats).
 Jacob LOVED the tube and LOVED to ride crazy... Jared was a good riding partner for him.
 We even got the Grandma and Grandpa on the tube.
 Grandma brought lots of books to read to the grandkids.
 We even had one night that we made personal pizzas.
 One late night Travis proved to be a master crawdad catcher with his bare hands and no bate.
So we cooked them up.... this is what Kaci thought of them (in her defense there is some gnarly green stuff in there).

 I was in heaven being able to just put on a ski and get out there whenever there was a calm moment on the lake.
 And Jared got SO much better in the time we were there, he can really ski slalom now.
 Even my Mom,
 and my Dad skied.
 Tyler got up on skis for the first time.
 So did Toby.
 And Breckin.
 And Claire was brave and tried, she was so close and I am pretty sure if we didn't have a little boat problem the first time she would have been up.
 This is my brother's sweet family.
 There was a lot of cousin time at the cabin and my kids ate it all up.
 Jacob even learned to ride without training wheels while we were there.
 My Grandma Pat came for a day and it was so good to see her and for her to see the kids (She hates having her picture taken... this is the best I got with the wigglers next to her).

 Breckin and Brighton had a preferred method for warming up.
 We got a family picture while we were there (pretty good for a tripod and a timer).
 Grandma and Grandpa with the 3 youngest Grandkids.
 With all the grandkids.
 I swear, we do all like each other, even if we do stand feet apart for pictures.
 I love this picture of my sweet parents.... Thanks to them for a great week together!
 The cousins had the greatest time together.
 We even fit in time for glow sticks and marshallow roasting.
 And figures that the morning we packed up to leave the lake was like glass!



3 comments:

Jessica said...

Sounds like a blast! I didn't know you waterskiied! Fun!

Sarah said...

AWESOME family reunion with the Streeter Family!! Your family picture looks GREAT!! You can still water ski?? You are one awesome mama!! Fun fun!

Anonymous said...

I believe Kaci will probably kill you for that picture and I can't say I blame her. It was a fun time and I hope we can do it pretty much like that again in a couple of years.

Mom