Sunday, February 20, 2022

Back to Portland

Jared went back to Portland for the first time in 3 years since we moved to Cincinnati to attendMark Hornibrook's funeral. . From the moment I stepped onto the updated PDX carpet, it felt like I was going home!

I got in super late Thursday night, and first thing Friday, we were on our way up the mountain to ski Hood Meadows with the Schaffer clan. I love this mountain!
 

We had blue skies for our ski day - it was great snow and fun terrain as always. I could hardly keep up with Jim and Bridger - when they went out to a double black area, I decided to stay with Aron instead. They reported back that it was a good decision - the snow wasn't in great shape for off trail skiing.

After skiing, on the way back to the Schaffers, I stopped by Precoa. It was a Friday afternoon, so I didn't expect many people to be in the office, but fortunately, a handful of people were there.

I got to spend some time with Ashley Stout, who worked with me for 6 years.

I stopped by to surprise Shelley MacGill at her home for a visit too. Shelley is the same as she was in 2009 when I first started with Precoa!

After spending some time connecting with people from Precoa and the Stafford ward at the visitation, we ended Friday night with a trip to Salt and Straw.

4 half scoops on top of a waffle cone! YUM!!!!

Saturday morning, I wanted to play frisbee, but no one came to play, so instead, I went for a run around Sherwood.

It was fun to stay with the Schaffers. Jack was still my buddy!

It is so great having these lifelong friends!

Sunday morning, I went to church at the Stafford Ward. I surprised many, especially Emily McClelland, who led a "pop up choir," which of course I participated in. I couldn't stay the entire meeting, but after sacrament meeting, I got a quick picture with Bishop Jeffries and with and Eric Battles

After Mark's funeral, it started to rain a bit, which just felt fitting for Portland. I drove around and visited some of the meaningful places around the city.
 

I stopped by the Portland temple. I love the Portland temple! The way it is lit up at night on a rainy evening is beautiful.

As I drove around, I realize how much I LOVE this city! I have so many meaningful memories and developed strong friendships in the years we lived here. As I pondered why I feel such a strong love for Portland, I realized it is where I grew up as an adult, where I grew most as a professional, and where my family grew to completion.

0 comments: