Saturday, April 30, 2022

Birthday and 3rd Marathon

Jared turned 41 this year! 

This year, Nan decided she would be in charge of the cake and ice cream - she got a Milk Bar cake and Milk Jar ice cream. The cake was great and the ice cream was delicious! The birthday cake flavor of ice cream had large chunks of frosting.

Jared also ran his second official marathon, again in Louisville. I went down with Bracken Webb the night before and ran together for a little while before Bracken started distancing himself a little.

We ran in front of the Louisville Slugger museum

and through Churchill Downs, where the Kentucky Derby is run.

The second half of the marathon was a lot harder. I had only been able to get up to 16 miles in my training runs, so the last 8 miles were especially hard. My goal was to finish in 4:15, and I finished at that time. At one point, I passed Bracken, who has laying down trailside. He recovered, ate a donut, and finished too. We had parked a ways away, but we found a single scooter and shared it for a mile - almost crashing a time or two - until we found another to rent.

It was a great memory and proud accomplishment again.

0 comments: