Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Growing Up

For journaling purposes I thought I should post how much my two little kiddos are growing up.  I promise to post pictures soon, but I just needed to get this down quickly.   The following are the ways that they are really becoming "big kids":
*No longer have milk before bed and drink all milk out of a 'big kid' cup.  We actually have stopped using sippy cups and only use regular cups, or for on the go those cups with the straws that pop up.
*This week moved into 'big kid' beds.  We purchased twin bunk beds which we don't have bunked but they are sleeping in their 'big kid' beds and couldn't be more proud of themselves.
*Claire has been wearing 'big girl' panties all day and has kept them dry and almost everytime she sits on the potty she is successful(she is in a pull-up right now because she is napping in her 'big girl bed').  Note: I said dry, not clean...
*Talk in full sentences...sometimes I can't believe the words just streaming out of their mouths.  Yesterday I woke up to two little kids walking into my room and saying in unison "Good Morning Mommy, Breakfast Time?"  then Claire proceeded to say "Get out, Get out Mom" and pull off all my covers. (She can be kind of bossy).  I also love the way they figure out how to say what they want, like when I told Jacob to close his eyes for a little bit in the car he said "Momma, Bubba no SO tired, Bubba No so tired mommy".
*Get their own shoes on and walk to the car and climb up in their car seats (they have been doing this for awhile but it is really helpful...usually).
*Forming their own opinions and making decisions...this became clear as we pulled up to the drive-thru at Wendy's one day where I always get my kids nuggets and Jacob declared "I want a hamburger" (he has never had a hamburger) so I asked him if he wanted nuggets and he said "NO, I want a hamburger" so I asked Claire what she wanted and she said "Nuggets"  anyhow, Jacob ate his hamburger in no time and when I asked him if it was good he said "Uh huh, Bubba like hamburger."  (Last time we went to Wendy's Claire asked for a hamburger and Jacob asked for nuggets.)
*Can climb just about any type of ladder/climbing wall/stairs on the playground at the park by themselves.  It is so nice to be able to sit down for a minute at the park.  Every once in awhile I have to get up to protect some unsuspecting child at the park from my rambunctious little ones, but I still get a little time to sit down.
I am sure I am forgetting something, but for now this is what I am remembering.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay well since they are so grown up now it's time to think about having another. What exactly are you gonna use those cribs for anyway??? haha
Your loving sister

Anonymous said...

It was fun to be a part of the big move. I miss their chatter and morning greetings. cmil