Saturday, September 07, 2013

Father Daughter campout

For the first time in a few years, I was able to go to the father daughter campout.  The original plan was to just take Claire, but as we packed the car, Kate made it very aware that she wanted to go camping, too, so I decided to take her, too.

When we got there and started dinner, I realized that I had forgotten something important - a can opener (you'd think I would've learned from previous incidents!).  The inner cave man in me came out as I bashed the can open.  The girls weren't nearly as impressed as they should've been.

Claire ran around with the girls, and Kate talked to (and bossed) all the dads as we sat around the camp fire.  We needed to make an early exit to make it to a soccer game, so we slept in the van.  It didn't seem to dampen the mood at all!  What a fun group to camp with!

0 comments: