Saturday, January 31, 2015

Ski trip

Dani gave me a ski trip for Christmas this year!  While she felt a little underwhelmed because it's not the first time it has been given as a gift, I was super pumped!

I flew in and spent the night with Sid and met little baby Scarlett.  We stayed up way too late talking and laughing, and the next morning Sid dropped me off at the hotel where I went skiing with Taylor and Andrew.  I don't have any pictures of that ski trip other than the injury pictures.  There wasn't very much snow on the mountain, and while we were skiing through some trees, I lost a ski, which caused me to slide down the hillside and run over a submerged tree trunk with my knee and hip.  I got a major bruise (the doctor later told me I bruised a nerve and bone) and swollen knee.  Fortunately, I was able to ski the rest of the day, though I probably shouldn't have and I did take it easy.
 

I decided I probably couldn't ski the next day... until the next day, and I decided to ski at Sundance with Sid.  We ended up having a great ski day - and then we played racquetball afterwards!


My parents were in town for a comedy show Andrew was performing at, and Andrew's family and extended family came out in full force.  Andrew was hilarious, and the whole show was quite funny.  Add in a basketball game and a cousin's trip to Cafe Rio, and a trip to a new French Fry place that the Craft family's son in law opened, and it was a super full weekend!  Thanks again for a great Christmas present!!!

0 comments: