Wednesday, June 09, 2010

1/2 Marathon and Oregon Coast

A little over two weeks ago I ran a half marathon that I have been training for. I have to say that when I woke up that morning I was dreading it, the weather was chilly and wet. The rain held off the whole time I was running though, and the temperature ended up being just about perfect for the layers I was wearing. Jared and kiddos were great supports. Our friend took this picture right after the race... I think Jared was more happy than I was with my time!
Our friend also took this picture. I think I may have been the most popular runner... I for sure had the most vocal cheering section and the most signs.
My goal was to finish in 2 hours and 10 minutes which would be 10 minute miles the whole way. I was really happy when I stopped my watch. Nine minute miles... I took a picture for proof!
How could I not run fast with a cheering section like this? Jared drove the kids all over the coarse and he and kiddos would hold up their signs and yell for me as I ran by.
It was an all women's half in our little city. We got a crown as we finished! I can say after this race I would definitely do another half, but have no desire to do a full marathon... 13 miles is only half way!
We went straight from my race to the coast to spend the rest of the weekend with these two (and their cute dog).
Girl Jessica and Boy Jessica (or Brian, or Ryan) were great hosts at the beach house. We had a great time playing games and eating and talking. When the weather was nice we were on the beach, flying kites.
or digging (girl Jessica is really nice to let Claire boss her around a little).
We also built sandcastles. By we I mean mostly Jared and Ryan.
It was quite the fortress.
Jessica and I finally gave up on sticking around to watch it be crushed by the waves, but the boys stayed out for the event.
We had a nice walk in the morning and Jared and Ryan had to do some chicken fighting,
and teach Claire and Jacob how to do the same.
It was a beautiful weekend. Thanks Girl and Boy Jessica!

6 comments:

Reese said...

Way to go Dani! I am very impressed. It seems like everyone I know is running half marathons this year so maybe I should! Hope you guys are doing well.

Lizzy said...

Whoa - that is amazing! That is very inspiring! Would you ever do it again?

Jessica said...

Love the photos! That was such a fun weekend! We will have to go again when the weather is better!

Sarah said...

Congrats on running a 1/2 mararthon-pretty impressive!! And the beach trip looked like a lot of fun!! I love that last picture that was taken-very pretty!!

Holly said...

1:57?! You're my hero, hot mama! Congrats!

3T's said...

Dani you rock!!! That is just awesome about your 1/2 marathon!!! 9 minute miles you awesome mother of twins!!! That is so great!!!