Monday, November 09, 2015

Dani's trip to Minneapolis

I was dying to meet new sweet baby Nolan, so I decided to take a solo trip to Minnesota to visit him and Taylor and Hayley and Camie's family.  
I flew in on a Thursday afternoon and hit up The Mall of  America with Hayley.  I was just in time for Matt's birthday so after the trip to the mall we headed to Matt and Camie's for Matt's birthday dinner!
Unfortunately all the plans for a girls day with Hayley and Camie fell through when I woke up with a nasty stomach bug on Friday morning and spent the whole day being sick and sleeping in quarantine instead.  Poor Taylor and Hayley were great hosts and I finally felt up to some pepto and gingerale with a movie on the couch that night.  Luckily I was much better on Saturday and went to see some of the highlights of downtown Minneapolis with Taylor, Hayley, and Nolan.  Saturday night all the adults and Nolan went out for dinner and we had a great time.  I was able to go to church with everyone the next day before heading to the airport for my late night flight home.  
It was so great to meet sweet Nolan, who seemed to really like me.  I was glad that I was able to enjoy some time with everyone despite the day I spent sick and I was glad I was able to give the new parents a little break at night a few times. 

0 comments: