Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Ice Ice Baby

After a warm December and January, we had an icy (literally) February. The 'white death,' as it is often referred to on radio talk shows, was unleashed on the area on a Tuesday afternoon. I had stayed home, so I was happy to miss the potentially ugly commute. The power went out around 5:00 (ending my workday at home). We fed Jacob and Claire by candlelight and transferred our meatloaf onto the grill (we ran out of gas a few minutes later)
We ended up staying the night at my parents' home that night. The power was restored overnight, but the adventure wasn't done for us. The next night, we were hearing funny noises coming from the house, so I went outside to see if I could see what it was. I ended up smelling gas, so after a call to the gas company, we called our neighbors (at 12:30) and hung out there until 2:00 with Jacob and Claire sleeping on the floor. All this during the middle of my busy season when I am working close to 60 hours. The ice was sure beautiful to look at!
 Posted by Picasa

0 comments: